The Nautilus Lifeline... the piece of gear you hope you never need, but glad you have it if you ever do! In an emergency, simply open the cap, push the button. Your GPS position is accurate to 1.5 meters and a man overboard distress message will be broadcast to all AIS equipped ships up to 34 miles away as a special DSC message to the marine radio on your own vessel. All modern commercial ships and most yachts are equipped with AIS and DSC allowing universal worldwide use of the all new Nautilus Marine Rescue GPS. Each GPS is programmed at our factory with an MID number allowing automatic AIS functionality as soon as your unit is powered up. Your ship’s MMSI must be loaded with the simple to use built-in optical sensor to activate DSC functionality.
- Compact and lightweight, easily attaches to your BCD or tucks into a pocket
- No special or dedicated base units required
- No registration, MMSI, subscription, or service fees
- Waterproof in all sea conditions, depth rated to 425 feet with cap closed
- 5 year battery life
- 1 year manufacturer warranty
- Easily stores in either the neoprene or silicone pouch (not included)